Call for Abstracts
Africa Media Development Foundation (AMDF) is pleased to invite abstracts for paper, panel and workshop for its 4th Africa Conference on Development Journalism (#ACDJ2020), holding in Kaduna, Nigeria.
Conference Date: 17th – 19th November, 2020
Theme: Emerging Technologies and Future of Development Journalism
Deadline for proposal submissions: 10th May, 2020
The conference brings together journalists, media executives, media development organisations, academics, donor partners, civil society organisations and government representatives to discuss around development journalism and how to move Africa forward (in line with SDGs) through journalism.
Topics for consideration include but not limited to the following:
– Blockchain Technology and Cyber Security
– Big Data and Data Mining in Journalism
– Community Journalism
– Development Organisations and Media Support
– Digitisation and Digital Switch Over of News Media in Africa
– Environment and Climate Change
– Gender, Diversity and Inclusion
– Globalisation and Media Development
– Health, Population and Development
– Intellectual Property and Rights
– International Laws and Human Rights
– International Relations and Conflict
– Internet Governance and Digital Policy
– Journalism and Artificial Intelligence
– Journalism and Geo-Politics in Africa
– Media, Culture and Society
– Media Policies and Regulations in Africa
– Open Governance and Media Tolerance
– Peace and Religious Diversity
– Start-ups and Digital Empowerment
Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts:
- – Abstracts should contain new information and not have been presented before.
- – Abstracts should not be more than 250 words.
- – The pages should contain the title, author’s name (Surname, First and middle), affiliation/designation, email address, contact of author of correspondence, abstract and key words.
- – All abstracts should be submitted as MS Word document type with Times New Roman, 12 point, double spacing.
- – We strongly discourage submission of abstracts that contain incomplete data and/or analysis.
- – All abstracts must be in ENGLISH.
- – All abbreviations must be written in full at the first mention, followed by the abbreviation in brackets. Thereafter use the abbreviation.
- – Do not include references.
- – Abstract presenters who are not scholarship recipients will be required to fund in full their attendance of the Conference (including registration, accommodation and travel expenses).
- – Refer to other instructions on the conference website on abstract submission.
- – Each abstract will be evaluated on the basis of independent review of two referees.
Important Conference Dates:
|Early bird registration||10th January – 30th April, 2020|
|Standard Registration||1st May – 31st July, 2020|
|Late Registration (subject to availability of space)||1st August – 17th November, 2020|
|Submission of proposals||10th January – 10th May, 2020|
|Notification of acceptance/rejection of abstracts||30th June, 2020|