Africa Conference on Development Journalism (ACDJ) is an annual Journalism conference which holds in Kaduna, Nigeria. It is organised and hosted by Africa Media Development Foundation (AMDF), a non-governmental, non-profit media development organisation.
The ACDJ, being the leading development journalism conference in Africa, brings influential journalists, media executives, media development organisations, academics, donor partners, civil society organisations and government representatives to discuss around development journalism and how to move Africa forward (in line with United Nations SDGs) through journalism.
The conference also features the AMDF Media Awards ceremony, where journalists who demonstrate professional skills and ethical standards are recognised and encouraged to do more through presentation of plaques and cash awards.
Conference Date: 17th – 19th November, 2020
Theme: Emerging Technologies and Future of Development Journalism
The 2020 edition of the Conference will focus on how technology is impacting on the practice of journalism, especially in Africa. No doubt, the entry of new and social media has reshaped the practice and is posing a number of challenges. Papers and discussions will project the issues and highlight solutions to most of these challenges
Building on the concept of Development Journalism as the type of journalism that focuses on national development, participants, most especially journalists, will learn skills on how to report on issues affecting the people, whose voice they seem to represent.
We look forward to seeing you in Kaduna, Nigeria in November!
Registration Dates & Fees:
Early-bird Registration – 20th January – 31st May, 2020
Nigerian Participants Rate – N10,000
International Participants Rate – N15,000
Standard Registration – 1st June – 31st August, 2020
– Nigerian Participants Rate – N15,000
– International Participants Rate – N30,000
Late Registration – 1st September – 17th November, 2020 (Subject to availability of space)
• – Nigerian Participants Rate – N20,000
• – International Participants Rate – N50,000
Your registration fee will cover items identified on the registration payment table (on Home page):
Your registration fee does not cover:
- – Travel and visa expenses
- – Accommodation expenses
- – Travel insurance (recommended)
Terms & Conditions
- – Participation is not guaranteed until full payment of the registration fee is received and processed.
- – 80% of registration fees will be refunded if registrant cancels by 1st September.
- – 100% of registration fees will be refunded if the conference is cancelled. If rescheduled, paid fees will be applied to new dates, if registrant is able to attend.
- – No refunds will be processed after 1st October.
Important Advisory for 2020 ACDJ Registrants
Our website, djconference.org and social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) are the only reliable sources of information about the conference holding in Kaduna, Nigeria.
When registering or submitting proposal/abstract, please submit your materials through channels instructed on the website.
If you have questions, please email us through email@example.com