The Programme Committee invites interested authors to submit abstracts of original work for consideration for Oral or Poster presentation in the 2019 AFRICA CONFERENCE ON DEVELOPMENT JOURNALISM (2019ACDJ).
The 2019 ACDJ will hold in Kaduna, northern Nigeria from 10th – 12th December 2019
· Setting Agenda for Under Reported Issues in Africa
· Reporting Maternal Health and Family Planning
· Reporting Violence Against Women and Girls
· Development Journalism and the SDGs
· Rural Reporting in Africa: How far so far?
· Role of Media in Promoting Girl-Child Education
· Role of Media in Combating Climate Change and Environmental Degradation
· Media Technologies for Inclusion
· Media, Democracy and Civility
· Globalisation, Convergence and Collaboration in the Digital Age
· Freedom of Information & Whistleblowing
· Digital Security
• All submissions must be made through the online portal found on the conference website.
• Abstracts should contain new information and not have been presented before.
• Abstracts should not be more than 250 words.
• The pages should contain the title, author's name (Surname, First and middle), affiliation/designation, email address, contact of author of correspondence, abstract and key words.
• All abstracts should be submitted as MS Word document type with Times New Roman, 12 point, double spacing.
• We strongly discourage submission of abstracts that contain incomplete data and/or analysis.
• All abstracts must be in ENGLISH.
• All abbreviations must be written in full at the first mention, followed by the abbreviation in brackets. Thereafter use the abbreviation.
• Do not include references.
• Abstract presenters who are not scholarship recipients will be required to fund in full their attendance of the Conference (including registration, accommodation and travel expenses).
• All abstracts will be reviewed, scored and accepted or rejected by the Programme Committee. The Committee reserves the right to determine whether an abstract submission is accepted as an oral presentation or poster.
• Refer to the other instructions on the on-line abstract submission page.