Thank you for your interest to participate in the 2019 edition of Africa Conference on Development Journalism (ACDJ)
We welcome you to join us at the 3rd Africa Conference on Development Journalism! We are confident that you will be pleased with the arrangement to ensure a smooth conference. We look forward to seeing you in Kaduna, Nigeria in December!
Your invitation letter to the conference will be emailed to you upon completion of your registration and will be accessible in your registration profile once you have registered. If you are coming from outside Nigeria, please print your letter for use in obtaining your visa and also come along with it to the 2019 ACDJ. You will need this registration page and a valid identity card in order to collect your badge and officially register for this year’s conference.
All participants are advised to pick up their conference ID badges in person at the registration desk within the hotel premises. It is strongly suggested that you upload a photo for your ID badge during registration, to speed up your badge pick-up onsite in Kaduna. Please submit a digital high-resolution passport photograph along with your registration.
Senior government delegates requiring special assistance with registration may contact email@example.com
You are not considered fully registered until payment is received and verified.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Nigerian Participants Rate – N10,000
• International Participants Rate – $100
• Nigerian Participants Rate – N20,000
• International Participants Rate – $150
• Opening Ceremony – 10th December, 2019
• Welcome Reception – 10th December, 2019, immediately following the Opening Ceremony
• Access to all conference sessions
• Access to all poster sessions
• Coffee/tea breaks and lunches on all full conference days
• 2019 ACDJ Exhibition access
• Official 2019 ACDJ conference collateral and documentation
• Scheduled ACDJ bus service to and from airport to official conference hotels
• Scheduled ACDJ bus service to and from Conference Hotel to official conference hotels
• Travel and visa expenses
• Accommodation expenses
• Travel insurance (recommended)
• Participation is not guaranteed until full payment of the registration fee is received and processed.
• 80% of registration fees will be refunded if registrant cancels by 14th September.
• 100% of registration fees will be refunded if the conference is cancelled. If conference is cancelled and then rescheduled, registration fees will be applied to the new dates, as long as registrant is still able to attend.
• No refunds will be processed after 30th October.
Travel award applications for those whose abstracts have been accepted to the 2019 ACDJ were due on 3 July 2018. Awards are based on a number of factors, including abstract scores, age of applicant, research area, etc. As well, there are several travel awards that will be made available specifically to youth (delegates 30 years old and younger). Please sign up for our ICFP email to receive special alerts when new ACDJ announcements are made.
Our website, djconference.org and our official ACDJ social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) are the only sources of information about the conference holding in Kaduna, Nigeria. When the time comes to submit an abstract and/or register, please be careful to submit your materials through our website, djconference.org. If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com